Likeable Business: Why Today’s Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver
You can have a rock-solid business strategy, unlimited resources, and the most talented people on staff. But only one thing is guaranteed in today’s hyperconnected society: if your business isn’t likeable, it will fail.
Dave Kerpen knows how important it is for a business to be liked—by customers, employees, stakeholders, and the general public. He wrote the book on it. With a focus on social media and the way they can help a business, Likeable Business lays out 11 strategies for organizations of all sizes to spur growth, profits, and overall success. Dave Kerpen shows the remarkable returns you’ll get when you gain the trust of your customers and stakeholders. In today’s social media world, it literally pays to be likeable.
Likeable Business helps any leader at a smallor mid-sized company increase profits and spur growth by applying the 11 principles of business likeability, such as:
- LISTENING—to customers, colleagues, shareholders—and competitors
- AUTHENTICITY—because today’s savvy customer always knows when you’re faking it
- TRANSPARENCY—honesty builds trust, and any deviation can destroy your reputation
- ADAPTABILITY—managing change and finding new opportunities is critical to success today
- SIMPLICITY—in design, in form, and in function
- GRATEFULNESS—every “thank you” is appreciated . . . and generates surprising returns!
Every chapter of the book starts with an inspiring story of a company which has benefited tremendously by focusing on these strategies: Although one can find examples of companies which have failed even though they have applied such strategies, this inspirational and let’s say less scientific book, provides a fresh outlook on what the impact of social media on a company can be.
Like Books By Dave Kerpen?
You can check out the following titles by this author. Click on the images to go to Amazon page for each book.
(This post originally appeared on www.ceoshelf.com, another online outlet of the group).